The Village of Elberta is seeking applications for the position of Village Clerk. Applicants must be highly organized and detail oriented. Workplace computer skills are essential. Position is part-time at 20 hrs/wk, wages commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Mandatory work hours are from 9 am to 1 pm on Thursdays. The remaining 16 hours each week are flexible but should generally be performed during normal business hours in order to conduct Village business with other Village staff, contractors, and outside organizations. Council meeting attendance is mandatory. Regular council meetings are held at 7 pm the third Thursday of every month. Council meetings are compensated at a fixed rate of $35 per meeting in addition to the regular 20 hrs/wk.
The Clerk shall:
- Take an oath of office, be bonded and insured and perform the duties of a notary public on behalf of the Village.
- Record all proceedings of the Council, keep and post Council minutes
- Maintain the records and archives for the Village and shall be the Village Freedom of Information Act Administrator
- Administer oaths of office to Village officials and others as required
- Be the general accountant for the Village and shall act as the purchasing agent for the Village
- Have charge of all the books, vouchers, and documents relating to the accounts, contracts, debts, and revenues of the corporation
- Perform other duties as required by the Village Charter, General Law Village PA 3 of 1895
- Serve as the Deputy Treasurer for the Village of Elberta
- Reconcile monthly all bank accounts with the Village general ledger
- Comply with the employment policies of the Village of Elberta
- Have, or be able to learn quickly, basic municipal accounting skills
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Be able to write professional communications including letters and memos
- Be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite of products including use of Word for word processing, Excel for spreadsheets and Office for e-mail
- Be able to learn the Village accounting software to keep the Village accounting books.
- Website posting and basic maintenance including addition and removal of documents, contents, and links.
Qualified applicants should provide a resume or complete the below employment application and provide written consent to a background check via the attached form. Resume/applications and consent forms should be e-mailed to email@example.com or delivered to the Village Office at 151 Pearson St by May 31, 2017. The Village of Elberta is an equal opportunity employer.